- Bryan Krebs, Cybercrime Researcher (In-depth security news and investigation)
- Schneier on Security – Bruce Schneier is an internationally renowned security technologist
- Dark Reading – Commentary and news (ads may cause delay in page loading)
- Naked Security – Naked Security is an award-winning threat news room, giving you news, opinion, advice and research on computer security issues and the latest internet threats.
- Uncommon Sense Security – Jack Daniel is Information Security Curmudgeon, Security BSides Co-Founder, Increasingly Reluctant CISSP, MS MVP for Enterprise Security, Strategist at Tenable Network Security, Co-host at Security Weekly podcast.
- Security Watch – Brian Honan is an information security expert.
- Guide for Guarding Personal Information in the Workplace:
(suggested by Paul Bryant)
- Internet Security Advice for Experienced Users:
- Downloadable Cryptography FAQ
- Protecting Your Laptop: A User's Guide to Viruses and Other Malicious Programs
- Tips, Papers, Pointers:
- Independent Security Vulnerability Database:
- Spam Blocking Tips:
- Spam Primer:
- Near Field Communications Security
(link suggested by Ashley from
Ms. Elizabeth Massingill's class)
- Protecting Yourself from Identity Theft
(link suggested by the kids from
Megan Daley's summer program)
- NIST Special Publication 800-50, Building An Information Technology Security Awareness and Training Program, (Final Version) provides guidance for building an effective information technology (IT) security program and supports requirements specified in the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) of 2002 and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-130, Appendix III.
Failure to give attention to the area of security training puts an enterprise at great risk because security of agency resources is as much a human issue as it is a technology issue. — NIST SP 800-50.